Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal 2/15/2011

This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about Spring Time Plans.



In my kitchen, I plan to ….. Get my recipes in order so I can start my low-carb diet again.  No sugar or simple carbs.  I feel so much better when I stick to eating this way. 

Plans with the children ….. Lots to do this spring with the kiddos.  We are planning on planting a gigantic garden this year and starting some seeds indoors.  I am going to include the kids in this project.  The goats will be having kids in May which will be a neat lesson for the kiddos (and me too!) 

Plans with the husband ….. I want to get a few babysitters lined up so that we can have some time out together at least once a month in the next few months.  Shh.  Its a secret. :)

Plans for my house ….. We are working on building a hearth in the living room and my husband is putting up sheet rock in there.  So, my plans are to paint the walls, get new curtains made, and paint the hardwood floor. (we were hoping to be able to restain it, but it just isn't nice enough wood.)

Garden Plans ….. Ooh, garden plans. I stand at the kitchen window just dreaming of the day I will be able to dig in the dirt and start planting!  As I said before, we are going to plant a huge (to me anyway) garden with 9 raised beds (5x10 each) and some standard rows.  I want to start some things from seed from heirloom seeds, so that will be a project for me and the kids.  I can't wait. 

Other Plans ….. We are starting a bookstore at our church and I am the person that was chosen to run it.  So, there will be lots of things going on with getting that started as well.  Exciting times!

http://christianhomekeeper.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment